Is your child’s oral health in danger of failure? Are your child’s teeth in need of brushing? The answer is that if you do not brush your child’s teeth at least twice a day, their teeth can fail. Keep bad brushing habits at bay by following these helpful tips:
– For optimum oral health care in your child, as soon as their first tooth erupts above the gum line, it is essential to begin brushing their mouth twice daily until they come of age to do the task themselves.
– It is essential that you bring your child in to see their pediatrician for an oral examination and cleaning before they are one year of age.
– For each brushing session, use a spot of toothpaste roughly the size of a grain of rice.
– Help your child’s oral health by giving them healthy meals free of tooth-damaging substances such as sugar.
– Never share toothbrushes or other dental cleaning products with a child, as it can pass bacteria to their mouths.
If you would like Dr. Jorge Ferreira and our team at Sonrisa Dental to bring your child in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please contact our pediatric office in Santa Fe, New Mexico, by calling us at 505-455-2176. Have a fantastic day!